The Acer XV Ultimate Thriver results in near-driver distance with the control of a fairway wood. Year after year, one of Acer's thrivers have been among our hottest selling clubs.
Here are some reasons to consider the XV Ultimate Thriver:
- Spring Face COR right up to the legal limit for more distance
- Shorter, more controllable length for great consistency
- Adjustable weighting if optional weight is purchased
- Large, confidence building volume
- Lower loft than some thrivers to increase roll and overall distance
Why do many golfers miss the fairway on their tee shot? Two main reasons; one is that the length of the club is too long and the other reason is that the club itself is too light. Drivers today are longer in length and lighter weight than even a short few years ago. Why the trend?
So that one can potentially swing the club faster and get a little more distance. But that is only possible if the ball is struck solidly in the center of the face that is square to the target line. That's fine for a touring pro with a solid repeatable swing. For the average golfer it is a recipe for a disastrous drive.
This thriver has reduced loft from Acer's previous thrivers (it's 12º) to produce approximately the same launch angle as a standard 10.5º driver.
|Face Height (mm)||56|
Acer XV Ultimate Thriver Standard Lengths: